[Therion] equate to non-existant station does not raise error

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Sat Nov 30 19:52:32 CET 2013

We can control whether Therion or Survex loop closures are used, and the
default is Survex, if it is installed on the same machine as far as I
recall. Mine is using Survex loop closures and I am getting log reporting
from Survex 1.2.6

My inference from warnings I get on other occasions is that Survex reports
fixed stations that are not connected to any survey leg.  I have many of
these in other files - gps locations of surface features for example.  I
imagine the 'equate' part of the processing is different, and in any case
neither Survex nor Therion are reporting the anomaly when Therion is run.

This is different, and I believe it should be reported by Therion as either
a warning or perhaps preferably should stop execution.  When equates are
defined, I would have expected that it would be required that all equated
stations have been defined elsewhere, and if they are not, it should be an
exception that should raise and exception or at least a warning.

Bruce

  _____