[Therion] Compiling Therion projects from Notepad++

Footleg drfootleg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 18:54:35 CET 2013

I find having multiple thconfig files open so I can compile different
parts of my large cave system project very useful. So I was
investgating how to run Therion from Notepad++ (my preferred text
editor). This is how I got it working:

I wrote a 2 line batch file containing these commands:

cd %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Therion\therion.exe" %2

Saved to somewhere on disk, and then call it from Notepad++ using the
Run command, as follows:
On the Run menu in Notepad++, Select the 'Run' item, and enter the
command as follows:
"C:\Personal\Caving\Therion\compileTherion.bat" "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"
"$(FILE_NAME)"

(But using the path to where you saved your batch file).
Save the command (I called it 'Compile Therion' and gave it the
shortcut CTRL+T).
Now with any thconfig file open in a tab in Notepad++, I can compile
that project by pressing CTRL+T, or by selecting 'Compile Therion'
from the Run menu.

You can create multiple thconfig files in the same folder on Windows,
by giving them any filename you want with the extension .thc or give
them no extension at all. That way all the files will be listed in the
'Open File' dialog from the compile tab in xTherion.

Next I'll see if I can get my batch file to open the output PDF
automatically in Foxit Reader :) But that will be less general because
I need to pick a PDF filename which can vary between my thconfig
files.

Footleg