[Therion] point:passage-height

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Sat Jan 12 19:57:38 CET 2013

Dave

The key to modifying the symbol definition may lie in the file thText.mp in
the sources

Ie Here is the code from 5.3.9 as an example

vardef p_label@#(expr txt,pos,rot,mode) =

  if (mode=1) or (mode=7): interim labeloffset:=(u/8) fi;

  lab:=thelabel@#(txt, pos);

  if mode>1: pickup PenD fi;

  if mode=1:

    pickup pencircle scaled (u/6);

    drawdot(pos);

    process_label(pos,0);

  elseif mode=2: process_uplabel;

  elseif mode=3: process_downlabel;

  elseif mode=4: process_updownlabel;

  elseif mode=5: process_circledlabel;

  elseif mode=6: process_boxedlabel;

  elseif mode=7: process_label(pos,rot);  % station name

  elseif mode=8: process_filledlabel(pos, rot);

  else: process_label(pos,rot); fi;

enddef;

I have not looked into how it works, but I'm guessing the 'point height' and
'point passage-height' labels are one of the 'modes' above, and that the
processes called are default metapost routines.  Too complicated for me to
unravel.

BTW shouldn't you be using 'point height' to indicate the height of cobble
banks, rather than 'point passage-height'? (Probably the same symbol size
issue will apply).

Also, as a path to a possible work around, I think the AUT symbol set
includes the option to label 'line pit' (or is it 'line wall:pit')?  I have
never managed to get it to work - but have not tried too hard either.

Bruce

  _____