[Therion] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: Cavesystem - Addition of cavelenght

Andrew Atkinson andrew at wotcc.org.uk
Fri Oct 19 15:04:09 CEST 2012

Bit puzzled at first when this did not work, however, it appears that if
in your layout you have

code tex-map
   \def\maplayout{
      \legendbox{70}{90}{NW}{
      \northarrow
      \bigskip
      \scalebar
      \bigskip
      \the\comment
      }
    }

the map-image does not seem to work. So you cannot use this at the same
time as a custom legend box, which is a bit of a pain.

Looking at data.tex it seems to be defining the maplayout twice

\def\maplayout{\legendbox{0}{100}{SW}{\loadpicture{/media/data/Andrew/Caving/Surveys/CheddarCatchment/Outputs/Reservoir-WhiteSpotE90.pdf}}}
\cavename{Reservoir Hole and White Spot Cave}
\def\maplayout{
\legendbox{0}{100}{sw}{
\northarrow
\bigskip
\scalebar
\bigskip
\the\comment
}

Now you can put the pdf in using the code, and another legend box

   \def\maplayout{

\legendbox{0}{100}{sw}{\loadpicture{/media/data/Andrew/Caving/Surveys/CheddarCatchment/Outputs/Reservoir-WhiteSpotE90.pdf}}
      \legendbox{0}{100}{sw}{
      \northarrow
      \bigskip
      \scalebar
      \bigskip
      \the\comment
     }
    }

But that requires absolute path, which does not work very well in the
repository, so not much good to me. The data.tex show me this

\def\maplayout{}
\cavename{Reservoir Hole and White Spot Cave}
\def\maplayout{
\legendbox{0}{100}{sw}{\loadpicture{/media/data/Andrew/Caving/Surveys/CheddarCatchment/Outputs/Reservoir-WhiteSpotE90.pdf}}
\legendbox{0}{100}{sw}{
\northarrow
\bigskip
\scalebar
\bigskip
\the\comment

again only the second maplayout works.

Is it possible to refer to the map-image in the \def\maplayout code, so
that I can insert images without using absolute paths, or make it so
map-image is not overriden by a \def\maplayout

Data available from
http://www.cave-registry.org.uk/svn/CheddarCatchment/

The above comes from the file

http://www.cave-registry.org.uk/svn/CheddarCatchment/thconfigres+whitespot