[Therion] Marked stations

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Sun Nov 4 02:07:26 CET 2012

Related to the issue of the inclusion or exclusion of particular station
symbols in pdf outputs, there is a long standing behaviour that has been
frustrating me.

I would like to create a pdf that has;

-cave passage outlines, but no cave survey network information, and

-fixed surface points with labels, and no surface drawings and no other
surface survey network information.

I have used these statements in a layout;

  symbol-hide group all

  symbol-show point station

  symbol-hide group cave-centreline

  symbol-hide point cave-station

  symbol-show group surface-centreline

  symbol-show point surface-station

  symbol-show point flag:entrance

  symbol-show point flag:sink

  symbol-show point flag:spring

  symbol-show point flag:doline

  symbol-show point flag:dig

  symbol-show point flag:continuation

They more or less describe what I want (except for the surface centerline
statement).

I have used two source files.

'One' references cave data that has lots of drawings, plus a small amount of
surface data and surface drawing.

'Two' references surface data (and a few cave stations) that is almost
exclusively made up of fixed points (gps data) and has no drawings.

If I reference 'one' only then I get the following image.  Pretty much what
I wanted, except for the surface survey stations (notice that I have
'symbol-show group surface-centreline' above, but the surface centerline is
not plotted).

If I reference 'two', then I also get pretty much what I want, except that
some of the points that are displayed are cave-stations.

The above two screenshots from pdfs are created with the same dataset and
cover approximately the same area and are at approximately the same scale.

So, apart from the minor exceptions mentioned, I would like to create a pdf
map that is a superposition of the two screenshots.

When I reference both sources 'one' and 'two', in the same thconfig file,
the project compiles and outputs are produced.  The problem is that the pdf
output produced looks identical to 'one' above.  Ie the source that includes
mainly surface data is not included in the pdf.

For this example other types of output such as .lox and .3d are created
correctly.

Would this be a bug? Or something I am doing wrong?

Bruce

  _____