[Therion] map title

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Thu Mar 1 08:09:31 CET 2012

>Map title from "map my_map -title" is not displayed in pdf output
without explicit use of "select my_map". It confusing

I think it is explained in the third item down here
http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php?id=tex#overriding_data_supplied_by_th
erion
At least this is my deduction, which may not be entirely correct, and was
arrived at after some confusion I recall...

The output map title as determined by Therion will be empty if there are
multiple maps selected for any one projection
AND (OR?) there are multiple source surveys identified in the thconfig file
ie Therion can not infer a unique title from the input data given.

Remember that if you don't select any maps, by default therion selects all
maps, and that if you don't select any surveys, by default therion selects
all surveys.  If you have defined more than one map and more than one survey
in your source, then therion will probably not have a basis on which to
choose a title.  The simple approach is to select just one map.

If you are intentionally selecting multiple maps (so that they may
individually be turned on and off in the resulting output pdf), the code in
the link above offers a way to define a title for a group of cave maps.