[Therion] xtherion trace line, convert to curve

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Thu Jun 7 22:50:24 CEST 2012

Thanks Stacho

All these years I've been tracing cave outlines by hand!

However on trying it out it seems to be quite fussy, or a least there is a
knack I don't yet have.

PocketTopo sketches don't work, in fact any scan with thin lines seems not
to work.

I had partial success with fat lines scanned at a low resolution (line width
about 1.5 pixels) only when zoomed in to 400%.

Generally it does between 0 and 5 extra points then stops, sometimes with
the last point at an acute angle to the general trend of the line.

So am I right in guessing that this will work best for reasonably fat well
lined drawings? (your example line looks about 4-5 pixels wide)

Bruce

  _____