[Therion] cave-list depth includes surface survey legs

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Tue Jun 5 23:41:59 CEST 2012

Hi

I've just assembled a set of surveys that include a number of small caves
that are interconnected by surface survey legs.  The surface surveys
continue out of one cave and to the entrance of the next.  I have ensured
that each survey only includes centrelines from one cave, but often they
contain surface surveys as well.

A survey-list looks like this.

Title

Length

Depth

Explored

Approx.

Duplicate

Surface

Shots

Stations

Kids <javascript:xTree('Kids')>  Cave

49

14

0

0

0

22

140

141

ad-Kids Tunnel

49

14

0

0

0

22

140

141

A cave-list looks like this.

Title

Length

Depth

Explored

Altitude

Kids Cave

49

14

59.6

Now the cave is 27m long and the depth is 3m, but the cave-list does not
reflect this.

The survey-list includes the length and depth of the whole survey regardless
of whether it is underground or not.  That seems reasonable to me.

The cave-list appears to do the same.  Should it not present the length and
elevation range of only the underground shots?

Regards