[Therion] Converting polar coordinates to survey leg data (and the reverse)

Footleg drfootleg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:22:31 CEST 2012

Just letting people know about this in case it is of general use to
others. I have just finished creating a spreadsheet for converting
lists of points with Cartesian (X,Y,Z) coordinates into survey leg
format data which can be processed with Therion or Survex.

Yes I realise that Survex and Therion can process cartesian format
data directly, but sometimes you have some data extracted from some
old project (or measured off something plotted to one map grid) and
you want to apply a declination correction to convert to another grid,
or maybe just see what the original survey leg data might have looked
like.

Published on the UK CSG website:
http://cp.cavesurveying.org.uk/index.php/articles

Footleg