[Therion] Recommendations for the best way to define areas

Footleg drfootleg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 14:20:59 CET 2012

My instinct when drawing is to define an area with lines drawn exactly
defining the area, each line starting at the same point as the last line
ends. So I split my wall lines at the points where I want the area border
to join the wall, and drawn border lines between points on the walls. This
looks neater to me. But I realise that this is not required because you can
just overlap the border lines across the walls to define the area, and any
fill will be clipped by the walls anyway. So what I am wondering is are
there any advantages to one method over the other? See the attached bitmap
illustrating areas defined in the two different ways I just described.
(Left side shows overlapped lines not joined at points. Right side shows
neater area defined exactly by bounding lines.)

Footleg