[Therion] Every Survey with data has 2 centrelines?

Andrew Atkinson andrew at wotcc.org.uk
Fri Jan 14 10:06:08 CET 2011

Hello

I was just wondering if this is correct, but it would appear that when
searching the database output all surveys contain at least 2 centreline ids

Attached is the Forbidden.th file which has only one
centreline/endcentreline pair, but the result below seems to show that
there are 2 centreline id per survey when there is a
centreline/endcentreline, of which one always have zero length. There is
one id in files where there are no centreline/endcentreline, Eg
CheddarCatchment which is the file that puts it all together, again this
has zero length.

This could be the way that it is designed, but it does seem to lead to
lots of redundant data.

Here is the search (I added the names in for ease of reference)

SELECT C.`TITLE`, C.`ID`, C.SURVEY_ID, SURVEY.NAME, C.`SURFACE_LENGTH`,
C.`LENGTH`
FROM CENTRELINE C, SURVEY
where SURVEY.ID=C.SURVEY_ID Limit 30

which gives this result (also attached as csv, as email can make a mess
of tables)

TITLE	ID	SURVEY_ID	NAME	SURFACE_LENGTH	LENGTH
	2	1		0	0
	12	11	CheddarCatchment	0	0
	14	13	Blackmoor	0	0
	15	13	Blackmoor	0	105.3