[Therion] Problem with kml-File for google Earth

Andrew Atkinson andrew at wotcc.org.uk
Sun Feb 6 12:32:11 CET 2011

I have had this problem before. I gave up using kml about a year ago as
they seem to be far fussier than the pdf and lox, so I now grab the sat
images and use them. I would guess that the missing parts are were
therion has got the inside and outside confused.

GMapCatcher works well for getting images, but you are breaking the T+Cs
and copyright.

ttp://code.google.com/p/gmapcatcher/

Generally I found it came from having the walls the wrong way round,
tick should be on the air side. Also pillars (when in a single scrap, I
believe) need to have -outline in option set.

However, this is/was not always the case, the error of scraps
overlapping themselves was a good indication of other places it went
wrong, but these are often very difficult to solve, I still have many in
my data sets.

Andrew