[Therion] Inkscape as map (pre)editor for Therion

Thomas Holder thomas at thomas-holder.de
Sat Dec 31 15:33:58 CET 2011

Hi Martin,

Martin Sluka wrote, On 12/29/11 13:03:
> Thanks to Thomas Holder we may use Inkscape drawing package to draw or
> edit or convert .th2 files. Not with all the features of xtherion
> (missing object area, changing subtype of line point, ...) but with
> several features long time requested. Moving objects, selecting more
> objects, ...
>
> See: http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php?do=show&id=inkscape

This page is quite old and only describes an early version of the output
plugin. The newer version, including import of th2 files, is described here:

http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php?id=inkscapeplugins

What's linked as "th2-latest.zip" there is currenlty version 1.6 (about
1 year old). There is also version 1.7 (uploaded today), it has of
course more features but has to be considered as experimental. Feel free
to test:

http://thomas-holder.de/projects/inkscape-speleo/extensions/th2-1.7.zip

> I tried the Inkscape importing to therion some svg maps and the
> possibilities of Inkscape/Therion package are very promising. Anybody else?
>
> Only be careful not to make too large scraps and use beziers and not
> automatic lines with zillions of points!
>
> Happy New Year 2012
>
> Martin s.

Cheers,
   Thomas