[Therion] Outside and inside

Martin Sluka martinsluka at mac.com
Tue Jun 22 22:39:46 CEST 2010

On 22.6.2010, at 21:35, Andrew Atkinson wrote:

> When drawing walls should the yellow 'tick' be on the inside or out?

yellow tick is oriented to "air" but it is not very important you draw
line type wall. Anyway it is better to draw lines counterclockwise -
it will put yellow tick automaticaly in. Any way you may change the
air and bedrock side of line in line control window - check reverse
button.

> Possibly more important, does it make a difference, all me pdfs are
> fine, but I have a problem with the kml.

I have no experience with kml, but loch files show strange artefats if
the logic air/bedrock is not correct.

> Which leads to a question when is a space between passages a pillar?
> If this 'pillar' is defined over many survey trips and multiple
> scraps, is the only solution to use -outline in option?

Pillar and <outline -in> has sence only in one scrap. If pillar is
created by two or more scraps therion should recognize it correctly.
You may use <-outline out -clip off> for line/s which ends gallery in
concave form, or if pit should be transparent (IT IS transparent on a
correct map).

> Which leads to a further question, what happens if I would like to
> produce output with one of the passages not included, ie not publish
> the picture to the whole world before giving a lecture at a
> conference.

Just define another map including all scraps (or sub-maps) you want to
export and ommiting those you don't.

Martin