[Therion] Size of pdf error when final pdf size should be OK

Bruce dangle at tomo.co.nz
Thu Jul 15 13:40:51 CEST 2010

I'm having a problem with creating pdf plan maps of a smallish area (about 1
km x 1.5km) with a source surface image covering about 5km x 7 km.

For a cave in one particular corner (near bottom left) of the larger image
it works fine at a scale 1:1000.  (It was giving problems with the map
produced being much bigger than the cave extent, but Stacho (or was it
Martin?) fixed this bug for me.)

For another cave elsewhere on the image (sort of top centre) I get the error
reported in the scale 1 1000 log file attached, and no output.  For this
other cave it compiles fine if the surface image is off, or if the surface
image is on and the scale is 1:2000 as in the attached scale 1 2000 log
file.  (Use a text comparator to spot the differences in the two
attachments).

If I debug the problem run and check the intermediate data.pdf file
produced, the cave is plotted on the wrong part of the surface image, but is
otherwise perfect.

Perhaps the error is due to the size of the pdf page produced as part of an
intermediate step, as the final pdf page is well within the 5m size limit.

In all cases I am using 'rotate 70' so that may be adding a small
complication.

Any ideas what is going on?  Is my guess as to the case likely to be
correct?

Might it be possible to get a 1:1000 output (1.5m long) without chopping my
overall source image into smaller pieces?  After all, it works in one case
and not another.

Regards