[Therion] background sketch makes map output extent huge

dangle at tomo.co.nz dangle at tomo.co.nz
Wed Feb 10 01:18:10 CET 2010

I have an image of a scanned cave plan that I have attached to a scrap as a
'background sketch' and am exporting to a pdf.  I have a point for the
entrance and a have used a made up survey line to produce a rudimentary
therion model on which to hang the scanned image and produce a loch model to
view with a 3d surface.

All list, 2d map and 3d model outputs that I have tried (I have not tested
all possible variants) are created perfectly, except that for 2d pdf map
outputs when the sketch is activated with 'sketches on', the extent of the
area mapped extends about 1km too far left and too far upwards.  The extents
should be 1km x 0.4km, so something is more than doubling the extent.  The
image is cropped tightly to the cave and there are no spurious survey
stations causing this.  I am using 'rotate 70'.  Have not had this effect
before, and the only thing unusual from my point of view is that the image
has a transparent background so that the aerial photograph can be seen
overlaid on the cave.  I can not see anything wrong with the th2 file (as
follows)

##XTHERION## xth_me_area_adjust -28.0 -294.0 6134.0 2316.0

##XTHERION## xth_me_area_zoom_to 25

##XTHERION## xth_me_image_insert {100.0 1 1.0} {2188.0 {}}
sketches/SUMMITTO_Clear2.png 0 {}

scrap summitPlan-s1 -projection plan -author 2010.01.30  "B Mutton"
-copyright 2010 "NZSS" -scale [0 0 1600 0 0.0 0.0 40.64 0.0 m] -sketch
sketches/SUMMITTO_Clear2.png 100.0 -166.0

point 712.0 28.0 station -name 19 at S

point 4604.0 1328.0 station -name 4 at S

point 5440.0 1884.0 station -name 1 at S

endscrap

Any ideas as to why a background sketch should make therion think the extent
of the cave is so much bigger?

-A problem with my image file?

-A problem with one of my therion data files (I think I have ruled those
out, but I may have missed something)?

-A bug?