[Therion] FW: Hiding small objects at large scales

Bruce dangle at tomo.co.nz
Sat Feb 6 05:24:14 CET 2010

Thomas
>the label size is not passed to metapost but is controlled with tex
>macros like \thlargesize.

On re-reading I think I misinterpreted Martin Budaj's comment (You can test
even for user-defined attributes.)  I was puzzled because there seemed to be
no size or scale variable passed.  I thought maybe it was a global.

Thanks for the label code suggestion.  I may well try it out because it is
an improvement on my current solution.
Is one point the smallest that can be passed to the likes of
       \def\thsmallsize{\size[1]}
?

If we could pass 0.001 then the code is no more elegant, but multiline text
would be caught.

The solution I have been using for a year or so is
  code metapost
  fonts_setup(0.01,0.01,9,12,16); % xs s m l xl fonts in points

and this works perfectly, in that the xs text is invisible.  Trouble is in a
file with lots of labels the pdf file size is a lot larger than it needs to
be, and text searches in the pdf bring up text that is not visible.

The obvious solution is to allow the use of zero values in fonts_setup().
As written at present it crashes, and I'm still too bumbly to be able to
modify it.

Thanks