[Therion] CS output specification

Bruce Mutton bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz
Thu Nov 27 11:06:00 CET 2008

Thanks Stacho
Now that you explain it, the significance of the 3rd sentence on page 14
Therion Book becomes clearer!

I see now that this aspect is even more modular and flexible than I thought.

In the same data set, one can independently specify different co-ordinate
systems for each input survey, surface image, terrain model, scanned sketch,
gridline position origin, atlas page position origin and the actual output
co-ordinates printed.  I had assumed that the last three items in that list
would be constrained to the same co-ordinate system; hence my
misunderstanding.

I suspect that the way Therion is now is probably best (assuming I have 'got
it right').  What would help would perhaps be an expanded explanation in the
Therion Book.  Ie explaining the usage and scope (visibility) in the
different su=ituations.

I'm wondering if one could ever come up with six or more valid co-ordinate
systems in common usage that apply to any one single cave system? :)
To answer my own question, we probably have more than six where I live, but
only two or three we are likely to use.
Bruce