[Therion] FW: List of Therion Symbols problem

Stacho Mudrak s.m at group-s.sk
Thu Mar 6 16:24:56 CET 2008

Quoting Bruce Mutton <bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz>:
> Question one is; Is the pdf file a complete representation, or am I still
> having viewing problems?

It looks it is complete.

> If it is complete, what does Therion do with a symbol when the chosen
> symbol-set allocation for that symbol is blank?

Therion uses its default symbol (on of those from the list). They are not
highlighted in the list now, but if you want to see them - just use "legend
all" in your layout.

> In addition I have noticed previously that if I specify a symbol-set, then
> it overrides my custom metapost codings (for water and sump areas for
> example) regardless of the relative positions of the statements in my
> thconfig files.  Can I specify a symbol-set AND have custom metapost
> modifications to symbols?

Yes, it is possible, but then you need to redefine symbol in a symbol-set you
are using. E.g. if you are using ASF symbol set, use

def p_station_temporary_ASF =

instead of just

def p_station_temporary =

Now I do not remember, why it was done this way. May be there was no special
reason for this and this behavior (which is not intuitive) needs to be
changed.

Regards, S.