[Therion] OS X Download

David A. Riggs david.a.riggs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 20:22:32 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 5:00 AM, Martin Sluka <martinsluka at mac.com> wrote:

> it looks, nobody made such image for you.
>
> But, what is the problem with compilation? It is no so complicated, I
> may say. Only exception is 3D viewer - Loch. Loch simple will not
> work on MacOSX machine till now.

I was working for one week on a Mac which I did not have permission to
install developer tools and libraries onto. The Therion website does
not offer a Mac OS X binary download of Therion. This was during a
weeklong course in cave survey and cartography, where I would have
loved to have shown off Therion to the 20 people present, but the
opportunity has now passed.

How about some instructions on installing the required deps and
building Therion on Mac?

On OS X 10.5.3, running `make config-macosx && make` as the manual
suggests compiles the `therion` binary, but then fails generating the
thbook.pdf because the `pdftex` binary doesn't exist. The `therion`
binary then fails because there is no `cavern` installed; I suppose I
must install survex on the Mac first?

I'm happy hacking on Therion with my Debian box, it would be quite
sufficient for me if there was simply a binary download available for
the Mac!

- DR

--
David A. Riggs <david.a.riggs at gmail.com>