[Therion] Hopefully a bunch of new users; Optimum Data Managment

Jonny Prouty dormat at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 05:40:59 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 6:47 AM, Bruce Mutton <bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz>
wrote:

> I am also trying to optimise my system for collaborative data entry and
> development of the Therion cave dataset, which Therion seems ideally suited
> to.

Bruce,

I don't know how I missed this message when you posted it initially. I just
stumbled onto it searching through the archives for an example of something
else. I too have been hoping to use Therion collaboratively, but I haven't
been able to convince anyone else I survey with to learn Therion, so I've
made little headway.

I was thinking of using cvs or subversion to maintain collaboratively
generated data. This would cut down a fair bit on the hassle of manually
keeping your workspace up to date. Of course, there is the additional hassle
of using cvs (or subversion), but it shouldn't be too bad.

Again, I haven't actually done this, but I haven't thought of any major
obstacles either.

-Jonny ^v^