[Therion] new beta release 0.5.2

Stacho Mudrak s.m at group-s.sk
Tue Apr 22 09:16:13 CEST 2008

>  I noticed that the bug on the 3 D view (tool loch) for the pit view is
>  still present. I sent you and email a few month ago with an exemple (the
>  data put in the survey giving the dept or hight value in a vertical
>  survey (a pit) is used in the 3D modele as the width of the pit. So the
>  pit seems always to be very large at the top and at his bottom)

I remember - but as far as I remember, I have also answered you on
24-01-2008. Now I am not sure, whether you have received my answer. In
any case - it is attached below. And my problem is, I do not
understand your problem :) I am sorry - could you please draw it more
in details? Thanks.

>  for the loch tool, on a Linux computer (Ubuntu), with a 3D view (the
>  same data used on windows), I can't have a color of the galery by deep.
>  Colors are random. But the colors are good in the Windows release.
>  Do you know this problem ?

Yes, in the latest snapshot - this should be already fixed.

Regards, S.

P.S. Attached my answer to your previous e-mail:

I am sorry for late answer, but sometimes it takes me a long time to get to the
answers. I have tried the files you have submitted, but without success - I am
not sure what is wrong on the image.

OK, the interpretation of LRUD according to therion is following (we should
probably put this into thbook):

If passeges are horizontal (inclination < vthreshold, that can be set in
centerline), LR is perpendicular to the shot and UD is vertical.

If passages are more or less vertical (inclination > vthreshold), even UD
becomes perpendicular to the shot - otherwise passages would not look very
good. In the case of vertical (+- 90), UD is interpreted as north-south
dimension from the station - to allow tube-like modelling of verticals. In your
example - everything seems to me plotted correctly.

Do I understand something wrong?

Thanks, S.