[Therion] Sketches Export -sketch option missing from th2

Bruce Mutton bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz
Sun Apr 13 00:27:55 CEST 2008

A while back I asked

I have had "sketches on" (no quote marks) in my layout since my first
(almost) Therion steps last year, and not      once have I had my jpg
sketches exported to pdf.  I expect they       should, and I recall that the
samples provided seem to do so -  I could find no difference between my code
and the samples.

Stacho replied

Do you have -sketch option specified in your scrap? It does not work
automatically.

In the scrap toolbar - last list box is background sketches. You need to
click insert button below and then click on the appropriate picture. Then
this picture should be listed in the "background sketches" listbox.
Background images in xtherion are not seen by therion, you need to enable
this manually.

And I replied with what I now realize is nonsense so I won't repeat it.

And now I've given this some more time I still have the problem that
sketches are not exported, but I have some insight as to why.

.

Stacho's response above is consistent with the Therion book pg 20 and 32
explanations, and on studying the morphing sample code that comes with the
installation, I think that I have been, and still are, following the
instructions for the required actions within the map editor perfectly. (and
I can see and trace my sketches as expected)

However on studying the text files produced by my map editor efforts, and
those in the morphing sample I see that the -sketch option is missing from
my *.th2 files.

>From the Therion book.

left corner coordinates).

So in theory I could manually add this option using the text editor, but
there is a difficulty calculating the x, y co-ordinates.  I suppose it could
be done by hand or by trial and error, but very time consuming.

Am I missing something, or is there something my map editor is not
translating correctly?