[Therion] Surface woes

Bruce Mutton bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz
Tue Apr 8 20:42:13 CEST 2008

Thanks Wolfgang, Martin.
That's it! Pixels, not percentage!  Problem solved.

	> Trouble is the jpg seems to be "zoomed in" many times too much.
	>
	>    bitmap ./Surface/Canaan_South_Topo_NZMG_990210_020240.jpg \
	>      [0 0 2499000 6021000 100 100 2502000 6024000]

	>> A possibly related matter, I have had "sketches on" (no quote
marks) in >my
	>> layout since my first (almost) Therion steps last year, and not
once have >> had my jpg sketches exported to pdf.  I expect they
should, and I recall
	>> that the samples provided seem to do so -  I could find no
difference
	>> between my code and the samples.

	>Perhaps they are hidden below the surface bitmap. This needs to be
	>fixed in some of the next releases.

And no, my sketches are not hidden below the surface bitmap, today was my
first attempt at that, and I have produced many many plan maps, and never a
morphed (or any) sketch to be seen.

	>> Also the above code does not produce a 3D lox model.  Is that
because a
	>> surface is either 2D or 3D but not both?

	>It has to work in both modes (surface bitmap in 2D, surface bitmap
+
	>terrain in loch). You have to enter DTM (elevations) to display
also
	>the topographical map in 3D.

I take you mean if I enter some grid data, even zeros, I should get a (flat)
terrain model in loch?