[Therion] Getting Scraps into the plans and elevations

Stacho Mudrak s.m at group-s.sk
Fri Nov 16 09:33:39 CET 2007

Quoting Bruce Mutton <bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz>:

> 1. Why does my centreline disappear beyond the extent of the scrap plotted?
> Whether I process just SurveyN.th or TheWholeCaveWithManySurveysINDEX.th I
> only get my first ever little scrap.  I'd like to see it in context with my
> centreline with passage shading in the same output document.  Loch seems to
> modify the passage with scraps while retaining all the passage with only
> centreline and LRUD data.

It is not exactly like this. I think loch displays both - the centerline and 3D
scraps I think. It is only in the TODO list, doing it like you suggested.

> I get the feeling I need to include the survey within the map command
> somehow, but no luck.

Yes, it is exactlu like this. The reason is simple - there is no algorithm in
therion yet that detects for which centerline parts there exists scraps.
Therefore therion:

1. Try to search for scraps - if they are found, they are displayed. In this
case centerline is ignored.

2. If no scraps are found, centerline is displayed.

To create such map, just add following code ...

source          # additional source data
map all_map     # map that contains centerline and scrap map
  TestMap at n     # the map with scraps
  n             # survey centerline data below scraps
endmap          # end of map
endsource       # end of additional source data
select all_map  # select this all_map for output

... after ...

source surveyN.th

in your configuration file. You may create this map also in SurveyN.th file
after "endsurvey n" command. Only selection of output map needs to be done in
configuration file.

> 3. I do like the way the .lox model follows the walls drawn on the scrap!
> Will it do the same if I create elevation scraps?
> Or only if I create extended elevation scraps?

Unfortunately this is not yet implemented - only plan scraps are taken into
account when generating 3D model. This feature is already a long time in the
TODO list :(

Regards, S.