[Therion] Cave Overlays on Google Maps Web Sites

Stacho Mudrak s.m at group-s.sk
Tue Jan 30 15:19:39 CET 2007

Quoting Wolfgang Zillig <wolfgang.zillig at web.de>:
> perhaps one alternative would be to implement shapefile support and to
> use gdarwarp and/or gdal_translate to create kml. But I don't have any
> experience with the kml format.

I have forgotten, shapefiles are also already implemented in the last
developement snapshot (including user defined object attributes) ;)

export map|model -fmt esri

should create a directory with shapefiles for different shapes. If you
have georeferenced data, also associated .prj files are created.
Tested on free QGIS and ArcExplorer. I am just not able to display 3D
triangle strips.

S.