[Therion] Docs and debian packaging

Martin Budaj m.budaj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 09:27:19 CET 2007

On 12/27/06, Wookey <wookey at aleph1.co.uk> wrote:
> I have made the 0.4.1~pre20061221 debian packaging of the latest
> snapshot. This includes the wiki docs and the current source and debs
> are available at:
> http://wookware.org/files/therion/
>
> However I have a problem with the packaging.

[...]
> So, the question for therion authors/admins (who shouldn't really have to
> worry about debian packaging), is do you think including the wiki docs
> in either the main source tarball or a different docs one (and move
> the thbook into that too) is a good idea or not?

We see only one possibility (not mentioned by you) -- to make a
separate therion-wikidocs package and leave the therion package as is,
including the thbook sources. The reason is that we cannot guarantee
the correctness of wiki pages and there _should_ be some official
documentation in the main package. The split we suggest is between
author- and user-contributed files, not between source and
documentation.

Martin