[Therion] Tex memory exceeded

Martin Budaj m.budaj at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 11:52:17 CET 2007

> > Therion 0.4.0 automatically creates a scrap containing centreline if
> > no map is selected in the thconfig file. This scrap can easily exceed
> > 1 MB in size in large caves (e.g. 4.5 MB for Dead Bats Cave). You may
> > avoid its creation by selecting any of defined map objects in 'export
> > map' command.
>
> I have selects in my thconfig file:
> #Map(s) to include in output
> select toplevelplan at terikan
> select midlevelplan at terikan
> select aboveriverplan at terikan
> select riverlevelplan at terikan
>
> which I assume is what you mean by the above?

yes, if   toplevelplan at terikan and others are maps, not surveys

> And the underlying data hasn't changed for months so I don't think this
> is the problem.

right, but therion changed from 0.3.10 to 0.4.0 -- the automatic
generation of scrap with all centreline data is a new feature

> The one thing that seems to make a differnce is base-scale. If i
> change it from 1:1000 to 1:2000 then the error changes. Now I get:

> [329] [330] [331] [332] [333]
>
> l_slope->...;exitif.cas>dlzka+0.3u+(krok/3);endfor
>                                                   ;if(EXPR1)=1:pickup.PenC;d...
> l.33489 ...2,225.273,33.9682),(3,208.773,33.5305))

It is some issue with the slope symbol definition in small scale maps
-- I'll check it. Note that it occurs earlier than the out-of-memory
problem (line 33489).

Martin