[Therion] Vercors 2008

thierrygonon thierrygonon at mac.com
Sun Feb 25 10:53:17 CET 2007

Well, so here's my summary of the talks of this week : we can make a
general discussion about cave surveys softwares (for example in the
karst and cave inventory session already planned (with nothing inside
and which I'm responsible for)) and after that, we propose to make a
2-levels workshop : for beginners or new users ; for advanced users and
developpers. I propose that the second workshop take place AFTER the
beginner's one, to take the advantage of the discussion of this first one.
Now, the problem is to know the SIZE of our workshops. For the session,
I think it's OK. I plan to make a full day of presentation and after
that, a half-day round-table about CAVE INVENTORIES : I'd like to put on
paper some general guidelines for european inventories, so that we can
find on every national inventories in Europe some common features, at
the same (top) level of records...
For the workshops, the problem I know is that we don't have a lot of big
rooms in Lans (Eric, it's in *Lans en Vercors*, not in La Chapelle)...
And at the same time, it's not easy to make a workshop with a lot of
persons. So it could be better to organize 2 level 1 workshops (one in
the morning, the second in the afternoon) with maybe 20 persons. I think
it could be better if the persons interested could register, to know how
many persons will come (register directly at Vercors 2008 to me, and
just after the general presentations). Do we ask the persons who will
come to come with their laptop ?? Maybe 2 persons can work on one laptop ?
For this first workshop, we could prepare a liveCD with a Linux and
therion (last version) for the people who doesn't have therion
installed... If someone know how to make such a LiveCD...?
For the second workshop, I think we could register directly on this list !

So, that will be this in my opinion :
Day 1 : (all day) General session about karst and cave inventories and
survey softs (not only therion...)

Day 2 : (morning) Round-table about cave inventories
             (morning) Therion workshop (level 1)

             (afternoon) Therion workshop (level 1)

Day 3 : (morning) Therion workshop (level 2)

Any comments are welcome of course !!!!

Thierry