[Therion] Help with a flowstone symbol for ASF.

Mike Lake mikel at speleonics.com.au
Sun Feb 25 06:26:51 CET 2007

Hi

Earlier I was wrote that I was tring to get a flowstone symbol. I have
one working but it's not quite what I want and its not under the correct
name. Its under clay instead of flowstone.
I have this in thconfig and I based it on the a_clay_SKBB code:

layout mypage
    symbol-set ASF

    code metapost
    def a_clay_ASF (expr p) =
    T:=identity;
    pickup PenC;
    path q, qq; q = bbox p;
    picture tmp_pic;
    tmp_pic := image(
      for i = xpart llcorner q step 0.7u until xpart urcorner q:
        for j = ypart llcorner q step 0.3u until ypart urcorner q:
          qq := ((-.25u,0){dir -70} .. (0.25u,0){dir 70}) shifted ((i,j) );
          thdraw qq;
        endfor;
      endfor;
    );
    clip tmp_pic to p;
    draw tmp_pic;
    enddef;
    initsymbol("a_clay_ASF");

    endcode

In my cave map th2 I have:
area clay
  l13-304--54
  l9-319--65
  l14-306--77
  l10-296--65
endarea

If I replace all instances of the word clay with flowstone in thconfig
.th2 file so I have def a_flowstone_ASF (expr p) and
 initsymbol("a_flowstone_ASF"); and in .th2 file "area flowstone"

Get the error: therion: error -- maps/rectangle.th2 [68] -- unknown area type --
                flowstone_ASF

--