[Therion] loch crash. [was usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvtkjpeg]

Michael Lake mikel at speleonics.com.au
Fri Feb 9 03:59:19 CET 2007

Hi all

It's a while since the last email where loch was failing with:
loch$ ./loch
The program 'loch' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'GLXBadContext'.
  (Details: serial 24 error_code 155 request_code 143 minor_code 5)
loch$

Philip Schuchardt asked:
> What video card do you have?

It's an Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics
Controller on a Dell Inspiron 620 laptop.

Stacho asked:
> Did you have loch working on your machine before?
> If you will compile loch in debug mode and run it from GDB, it should
> report more info about where in the code the problem is.
> cd loch
> make clean config-debug all
> gdb -se ./loch

OK I have done that. at the (gdb) prompt I type run and I get...

(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
The program 'loch' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'GLXBadContext'.
  (Details: serial 24 error_code 155 request_code 143 minor_code 5)

Program exited with code 01.

I haven't used gdb before so I'll need some guidance on helping here.

Also I have installed therion-viewer_0.5.0-1_i386.deb from Wookies site.
It also crashes with the same error.

Mike Lake