[Therion] usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvtkjpeg

Michael Lake mikel at speleonics.com.au
Sun Feb 4 07:55:04 CET 2007

Hi

Thanks,

> 1. Compile VTK your self and link therion against this compilation.
> Usually vtkjpeg is created.
:-(

I tried number 2
> 2. Link therion against libjpeg already present in your system. For
> this, you need to do following changes:

* install libjpeg-devel package DONE
* in loch/lxImgIO.cxx:13 change #include <vtk_jpeg.h> to #include
<libjpeg.h> (or whatever libjpeg header is - I have no idea.)
Its <jpeglib.h>
* in Makefile replace -lvtkjpeg with -ljpeg
DONE
I also had to replace the -lvtkpng with -lpng and to remove the zlib.
Now it compiles but I get this error upon trying to run it.

The program 'loch' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'GLXBadContext'.
  (Details: serial 24 error_code 155 request_code 143 minor_code 5)
loch$

I was using the Debian package before from Wookies site but decided to use the
source as it was so much later and its progressing so fast :-)

Mike Lake