[Therion] Cave Overlays on Google Maps Web Sites

Stacho Mudrak s.m at group-s.sk
Thu Feb 1 09:33:56 CET 2007

> Google Maps can display a KML file as an overlay (2Mbyte limit I think). I
> guess rendering cave overlays from KML might solve some the linewidth
> scaling and the survey merging problem of the raster solution. Does anyone
> have an online example ?

I have tried, but only centerline map is displayed correctly

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://www.speleo.sk/test.kml

If you try outline map

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://www.speleo.sk/test2.kml

then you see, that google maps is not able to render passages at this
resolution. In Google Earth, this file is displayed correctly.

S.