[Therion] declination

Stacho Mudrak s.m at group-s.sk
Thu Dec 20 16:03:24 CET 2007

According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_declination)

Declination converts between true and magnetic bearings: True Bearing equals
Magnetic Bearing plus Magnetic Declination. (See
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/seg/geomag/faqgeom.shtml#q5d).

In therion - declination is implemented this way (to avoid confusion), while in
survex:

(true bearing) = ((bearing)-(declination zero err))

Thanks for pointing out, we will mention this difference in thbook.

Regards, S.