[Therion] Modular Reuse of thconfig Layouts

Bruce Mutton bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz
Sun Dec 2 09:56:14 CET 2007

Thanks Stacho, works like a dream!

-----Original Message-----
From: therion-bounces at speleo.sk [mailto:therion-bounces at speleo.sk] On Behalf
Of Stacho Mudrak
Sent: Friday, 30 November 2007 10:58 p.m.
To: therion at speleo.sk
Subject: Re: [Therion] Modular Reuse of thconfig Layouts

Quoting Bruce Mutton <bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz>:
> I have played around a bit, trying to save layouts in different files and
> using lines like;
>
> copy StandardLayout
>
> but 'StandardLayout' only seems to be visible from within the same file.
>
> Have had no luck with 'input', 'source' or 'select'.
>
> Probably I'm just missing out a bit of syntax or namespace visibility.
>
> Any suggestions

Your StandardLayout is not visible, probably because therion did not read
configuration file with this layout. To load layouts in some standard file,
you
need to input this file first, then use copy. Example:

Let file colors.thcfg contains:

layout standard-colors
  color map-fg altitude
endlayout

To include this layout in your main thconfig file you write:

source my-data.th # to include data

input colors.thcfg # to include file

layout output-layout
  copy standard-colors