[Therion] Converting SVG files to Therion th2 format

Juergen Bohnert juergen.bohnert at uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Aug 29 18:09:07 CEST 2007

Hi Martin,

I have tried it with two caves so far and I found out that I would be
much faster if I converted the whole cave in one go.

Dividing the svg cave map is not the problem, but putting the layers
together for each single scrap is painful. E.g. if you wanted to do
this for a 2 km long cave and your scrap limit is 100 m you would have
to do the conversion 20 times for 5-10 layers which means ending up
with 100 - 200 single conversions - very cumbersome. Think about
alpine karst regions where you want to convert a whole bunch of longer
caves to enjoy the dynamic cave map advantages of Therion.

Definitely, automation of this process would be a good thing.

Generating a 2 km long "super scrap" and breaking it up into smaller
100 - 200 m scraps automatically should be doable using the right
script.

Juergen