[Therion] Converting SVG files to Therion th2 format

Juergen Bohnert juergen.bohnert at uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Aug 28 19:37:54 CEST 2007

Hi Wookey,

yes that would be nice!

It would also speed up the reverse engineering process dramatically,
since one then could generate one "super scrap" (1 -2 km length) of
all extracted layers and simply break it up into smaller scraps,
thereafter.

Meanwhile, I have gained more experience with the svg to th2
conversion and it works surprisingly well even with the large Corel
Draw maps.
I have now changed my strategy a bit and manually extract all symbols
of one kind (e.g. rocks, contour lines) using Inkscape and save them
as a separate th2 files with the correct line description. Then I
combine everything in a single th2 file using a text editor.

However, I had to break up one 1 km section into two 500 m scraps
since editing the very large scrap turned out to be too slow with the
Therion map editor.

So I guess the suggested scrap limit of ~100 m is mainly based on
editing speed.

Juergen