[Therion] compiling therion under Ubuntu AMD64

Stacho Mudrak epsm at naex.sk
Fri Apr 20 16:43:49 CEST 2007

It looks I have found the bug - at least now on my linux it seems to
work. The problem is strange - OpenGL on Linux returns very huge
number for maximal texture size.

If I have limited it to 2048 pixels, it seems to work. Just replace
attached lxGLCs.cxx file in your loch sources and recompile. Please
let me know, if it still does not work.

Regards, S.

Quoting Wolfgang Zillig <wolfgang.zillig at web.de>:

> I had to adapt the path to vtk and remove -lvtkjpeg -lvtkpng -lktkzlib
> from the makefile. (the terminal was not configured to scroll through so
> many lines and therefore I did not see the uppermost error) .
> There were a lot of warnings like:  "warning: dereferencing type-punned
> pointer will break strict-aliasing rules" during compillation. If needed
> I can send you the full screen output.
>
> I can compile my project but the surface graphic is missing! Only a gray
> surface is displayed. Is this due to the skipped parameter -lvtkjpeg? Do
> I need to compile vtk from sources? I've installed libvtk5 and
> libvtk5-dev (5.0.2-4ubuntu1).
>
> Thanks for any help
> Wolfgang
>

> Stacho Mudrak wrote:
>> I am not sure, but probably loch compilation does not work by default.
>> List of libraries needed for loch is at loch/README.
>>
>> Regards, S.
>>
>> Wolfgang Zillig wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there somewhere a list with all the libraries that are needed to
>>> compile therion under linux? Or a kind of manual?
>>>
>>> I just tried "make" but I'm getting errors, so I suppose that I miss
>>> some libraries.
>>>
>>> Greetings
>>> Wolfgang