[Therion] Controlling colour-by-map

Stacho Mudrak s.m at speleo.sk
Sat Sep 23 07:07:02 CEST 2006

Sorry for the late answer, but I needed to experiment a little bit
before I wrote you. I did not remember how I coded this stuff :)

Wookey wrote:
> Is there any way to control what get's coloured?

Yes. The easiest way that really works is to click on maps in "Maps
structure" toolbox (Compiler) in the order, you want them in legend.
Each map selected with "select" command will be couloured by different
colour.

Another possibility is to select just master map like this:

select master_map at survey -map-level 1

Then it will colour sub-maps at level 1 of master_map. This should work
but I have noticed, there is a bug and one empty map in the legend
appears in this case.

> e.g for an overview map I really want each cave to be a different
> colour. But some caves are made up of several maps. Currently each of
> these gets a different colour.

You probably do not use any select.

> Can I select which maps are considered for the colour-allocation, and/or
> allocate colours to maps?

Colours can not be currently allocated to maps, this is an item in the
TODO list (Also allocation of colour to altitudes, optionally dates) :(

HTH, S.

P.S. Let me know, whether it worked, please...