[Therion] 3d file wall models - scrap connections

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Fri Sep 22 18:27:14 CEST 2006

I very much like the 3d map output into survex .3d format. However it
does seem to have a problem at joins. It all looks lovely in plan
view, but as soon as you look sideways you will see that there is
often a vertical offset in the lines at the join.

I can see that there _might_ be a pitch at the pont of the join, but
normally a smooth transition in the vertical as well as horizontal
plane is desired. How are the vertical co-ordoinates at the ends of
scraps determined, and is it possible to msake sure they 'join' (have
the same co-ordinates) both vertically as well as horizontally? The
option to say 'add vertical lines to complete join' would be useful
for cases where there is a step height change (e.g the connection
between menagerie_s4 and terikan.reifticious_s1). But I'm not quite
sure how/where this might be done. If it is hard, then joining
everything up would be much better than it is now.

See http://wookware.org/mulu/MuluWalls.3d, then look at it on a bit of
a tilt.

work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/