[Therion] 3d Model Bitmap

Wolfgang Zillig wolfgang.zillig at web.de
Sat Dec 2 00:33:36 CET 2006

Philip Schuchardt schrieb:
> Hey.
>
> I'm trying to get the surface bitmap working on 3d model in loch.  What file
> format should the bitmap be in?  jpg format compiles but nothing shows up in
> the model.  An example would be really helpful.
>
> Philip Schuchardt

perhaps one more comment on the elevation matrix:
- you need to specify the upper/left entry of the matrix M[0,0], in my
example the rows are ordered from south to north and the columns east
west. That is why Y-step is positive. You can also start with your
north-western corner and set Y-step negative...

Regards
Wolfgang

It would be too nice if therion could read directly georeferenced files
(for elevation field ie. [1] and images (jpg with world file .wld or
.jgw [2])).

[1] http://grass.itc.it/grass63/manuals/html63_user/r.out.ascii.html
[2] http://www.gdal.org/frmt_jpeg.html