[therion] Re: Xtherion on MacOS X

Stacho Mudrak s.m at speleo.sk
Fri Mar 4 12:07:28 CET 2005

Thierry GONON wrote:

> In the therion.ini file, I've made the changes you indicate... but xtherion still don't work and give the same answer !

The problem is probably missing environment variables, when tcl executes some system calls. You may try to enter "--print-environment" into "Command line options" in therion compiler. Therion will print something like that:

therion 0.3.7
configuration file: thconfig
reading ... done
INIT=/home/stacho/.therion:/etc:/usr/etc:/usr/local/etc
SOURCE=/home/stacho/.therion:/usr/share/therion:/usr/local/share/therion
METAPOST=mpost
PDFTEX=pdfetex

Here you can check, where it is searching for therion.ini file (INIT directories) and also whether METAPOST and PDFTEX are corretly set (with full path). If not - try to put therion.ini into some of the INIT directories.

There is another dirty :) possibility. Modify following lines in thexpmap.cxx:

this->path_mpost = "mpost";
this->path_pdftex = "pdfetex";

this->path_mpost = "/path/to/mpost";
this->path_pdftex = "/path/to/pdfetex";

and recompile. May be it will help. If not - we have to change the way how therion is called by wish in MacOSX.

S.