[therion] SVG output from therion

Martin Budaj m.b at speleo.sk
Tue Jan 25 09:41:17 CET 2005

John Pybus wrote:

>> Sounds good news.  Does this mean that it's not worth me trying to do
>> any work on this myself, or that you'd appreciate any start I make
>> before you get round to it?

I think it would be better not to try to extend current conversion to
handle SVG. It's major drawback is line-by-line PS to PDF conversion,
which saves memory, but is not usable for SVG or other formats. The
conversion itself needs to be rewritten from scratch. Other topic is text
handlig -- labels in SVG will probably not be processed by MetaPost, but
directly by Therion, which adds more complexity to conversion.

Martin