[therion] SVG output from therion

Martin Budaj m.b at speleo.sk
Mon Jan 24 08:32:06 CET 2005

>> Looking at the 0.3.5 sources I'd originally though that the output of
>> metapost was used by pdftex, but I see that you parse the PS and write
>> your own pdf fragments.  Since SVG uses exactly same rendering model as
>> pdf it should be easy enough to adapt this to produce SVG fragments
>> also.  With these, replacing pdftex for the job of stitching the
>> fragments together into a map should be feasible.

Yes, SVG is planned to be implemented in about a month. The PostScript
parsing needs to be enhanced a bit (some simplifications were takan
because of similarity of PS and PDF). The idea is to get only map in SVG
(and other
formats), leaving the Atlas for PDF.

>> Also, do you have a CVS/svn repository for the code?  If so, would it be
>> possible for that to be exposed read-only?  I hate developing against
>> point releases when I know that a project is still undergoing such
>> active development.

We don't use online CVS repository -- I would have no possibility to
access it. We used to put the development tarball on the web page every
week or so, but that led only to confusion.

M.