[therion] string list

Stacho Mudrak s.m at speleo.sk
Mon Jan 24 08:57:56 CET 2005

Roman Muñoz wrote:

> First: obviously all the people needs get map output in their own
> languages, I think texts_xx.txt files are just for that. Right?

Yes, I will put it into 0.3.6.

> Next, to have an untranslated user interface is one of the most scary
> things to my friends. If translated, they can play quite easy, and,
> being therion as good as really is, there is a probability for it to be
> adopted. But, with untranslated user interface, no chance. Friends will
> remain with Visual Topo, which is not bad software, and is translated.

OK, putting all strings from xtherion to separate files should be a question of one evening. May be I should google for some tcl i18n package and it will be even easier. I will have a look, but it will not be in the next release.

> caves. That mentioned (some days ago) import module would be
> great. But I could always do the stage with only some few commands
> and .th template files to explain how it works. Not so difficult.

I will have a look at VTOPO once more. It looks to me, that importing it should not be a huge problem. Than, they will be enabled to use VTOPO for centerline processing and therion only for drawing of maps.

> Console messages: If all the rest works smoothly, I don't care so much
> about them. May be am I making a mistake?

Again, if people are interested, putting all strings into translation macro is a question of hour or so. In therion, i18n is already working.

Regards, S.