another set of inside-out pillars

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 20:11:34 CET 2005

+++ Stacho Mudrak [05-01-17 08:19 +0100]:

>> Well, all your pillars are drawn in reverse sense. The yellow tick
>> should allways point to free space! Like it is in pits or chimneys. In
>> your case - it points to the insight of pillar.
>>
>> So in the pillar case - you should draw this line in CW sense. But
>> checking reverse option for line for each line flowstone should help.

Hmm. I just checked. I found one in goon_s1 that the wrong way round, but
every pillar in goon_s2 (which is the one coming out wrong in the final plot)
is correct (tick on the inside).

I am talking about walls which make loops because they are surrounded by
passage here, not actual calcite pillars/columns.

>> You have there one line with two identical points (no idea how this can
>> happen in xtherion - it should not). In any case - new version will not
>> fail in this case. It is just a problem of symbol set.

OK, that's fixed. thanx.

This problem may have ben caused by my persistent 'xtherion hangs' problem.
It happened several times drawing that section. I got really mad for a while
until I learned to save my work every 5-10 mouse clicks so I never lose much.
(at least saving is nice and fast  :-)

Xtherion ran for several hours hours last night without crashing once - that
is the best for a long time! I have no idea why - I didn't do anything
different. I have now downloaded the tcl and tk sources and will try building
a version with  '--disable-threads' to see if it helps. Do you know if this
should be in the tk or tcl sources, or both?

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK Tel +44 (0) 1223 811679
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/ play: http://www.chaos.org.uk/~wookey/