[therion] How to change settings for just a few readings?

Stacho Mudrak s.m at speleo.sk
Tue Sep 28 12:29:51 CEST 2004

Olly Betts wrote:

> The only solution I can see is to track which settings are in effect and
> reset them all after the *end.  That's just about OK for automated
> conversion if nobody's going to want to edit the result, but it must be
> a right headache for anyone who has tried to hand convert a dataset so
> I'm wondering if there's some way to express this situation.

No, there is no such possibility. You have to repeat calibration every time it changes. I would rewrite your example this way:

  encoding iso8859-1
    survey test -title "test"
      centreline
      calibrate tape 1
      1 2 10 0 0
      calibrate tape 2
      2 3 10 0 0
      calibrate tape 1
      3 4 10 0 0
    endcentreline
  endsurvey

I'm just wondering, whether these situations are so common...

S.