[therion] Re: Can I rotate a map?

Stacho Mudrak s.m at speleo.sk
Thu Mar 25 16:47:27 CET 2004

> that would be useful - I have no idea what is currently on the list :-)

A lot of ugly things :)))

> thanx - that'll do for now (I get the north arrow pointing the wrong
> way(?) but that doesn't matter in this case)

You can change the MP macro via layout :))) OK, it's even more dirty...

> OK, that works but now I have another query. The page size of the PDF seems
> to be determined by the size of the background image, rather than the actual
> drawn lines.

This is not true.

>  In the old version there was a lot of space below the cave, now
> there is a lot of space to the left of the cave, and this means the centred
> legend is hanging in a lot of whitespace. Is there a clip layout control I
> can use?

I don't think so. I've been also asking for such a things, but this is the area of Martin and he is currently in Paris. He should be back on Monday.

Anyway - as far as I remember - this was also a bug in 0.2.18 and I'm not sure, whether is was fixed in 0.2.19. It was happening, when you've been exporting atlas and map from one thconfig file. So if this is the case, just comment out the "export atlas", may be it will help. The background images have for sure nothing to do with PDF size. It is strictly determined by drawn objects. May be - there is something drawn on the map, but you can no see it (degenerated background???). I do not know? If you can send me those sources, I can have a look at it.

> Oh yes and setting doc-title in layout doesn't change the title of the
> survey - it is still just the survey name 'river'. How do I specify that I
> want the output survey to be called 'Terikan River Cave'?

Doc-title was only a temporary think, it was removed in version 0.2.19. The "river" comes either from survey (most probably), or  from map name. All you need to do is to specify title for survey. E.g.

survey river -title "Terikan River Cave"

or title for map

map river -title "Terikan River Cave"

Probably you are the first case. Survey and titles are shown on the "Survey structure" or "Map structure" TAB in the compiler.

S.