[therion] Re: therion and contours

Martin Sluka martinsluka at mac.com
Sat Mar 6 09:48:16 CET 2004

At 12:42 +0000 3.3.2004, Wookey wrote:

> OK, but I don't own _any_ machines with that _much_ ram (and I've got 5,
> excluding ARM machines and PDAs)! The only one I have access to with >256 Mb
> of RAM is the server here and that already jammed up against it's memory
> limits doing other things anyway.

TCL and RGB - TCL must calculate each pixel as RGB, mostly all monitors are RGB, BW monitors are exception. TCL must send RGB data to video.

Wookey, I apologize myself, I know, I do quite different things on my comps (DTP, picture manipulations in Photoshop and so on.), but one of the best time saving investment in my life was to buy 1 GB (or more) RAM for each comp I use.

We live in time when one may compare price of one RAM chip to price of beers drinked in one night ;))) . I remember many many times more expensive ones.

Only several words from an old man :o)>

Martin