Help - my cave is inside-out

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Tue Dec 28 13:45:25 CET 2004

+++ Stacho Mudrak [04-12-28 08:44 +0100]:

>> Therion always joins something - there is no treshold for not joining.
>> If join is not correct, usually scrap distortion is too big. If you will
>> turn on debug mode in layout, you should see those distortions very easily.

OK - yes, I noticed that in the thbook. I must try it.

>> At the scrap joins, you should try to avoid any symbols. If there are
>> some, usually -clip off helps (if you do not need to clip them by scrap
>> border). But in the case of area that exists between walls, it would
>> probably not help.

OK - this is a real problem for a cave containing a long streamway. There is
a very long continuous 'water' area. This connot always be drawn as one
scrap. As you say the pattern rather obviously doesn't match up at the join.
I think we need to have some mechanism for making such smooth area joins in
the medium term.

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK Tel +44 (0) 1223 811679
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/ play: http://www.chaos.org.uk/~wookey/